The City of Sanger accepts compost and green waste at the City Corporation Yard. The Corporation Yard is located at 333 North Avenue (east of Academy Avenue - follow the signs).
Fees & Load Size
The cost is $10 per load, i.e, half ton truck bed or trailer under 16 feet. There is no limit on the number of loads, and no appointment is necessary.
Acceptable materials include:
- Grass clippings
- Tree branches and pruning
- No stumps will be accepted.
- Roots must be free of dirt.
- We are unable to accept any pruning larger than 4 inches in diameter or longer than 5 feet.
- We are unable to accept any variety of the following (including cuttings):
- Banana plants
- Palm trees
- Yucca plants
This service is available to residents inside the City limits and a current City of Sanger utility bill and identification is required.
You can prepay at City Hall (1700 7th Street) with cash, check or credit card.
You will receive a voucher per $10 fee prepaid. You must present the voucher to staff at the time of arrival at the Corporation Yard.
If you do not present a prepaid voucher, a $10 fee per load will be added to your utility bill.