- City Manager
- Measure S Grant Program
Measure S Grant Program
GANG PREVENTION/INTERVENTION GRANT PROGRAM
Funded by Measure S
About the Grant Program
The City of Sanger has established a grant program which provides Measure S funding to address anti-gang and anti-drug strategies including prevention, intervention, and youth development.
Grant Funding Establishment Information
Grant funding is made available through Measure S as defined and outlined in Ordinance No. 1094 and Resolution No. 4361. You may request a copy of either document by calling the City Manager’s Office or City Clerk’s office at (559) 876-6300. You may also view Article IV of Chapter 66 - Police, Fire, Paramedic, 9-1-1 Emergency Response and Gang/Prevention Special Transaction and Use Tax for Public Safety.
Application and Grant Cycle
APPLICATION WINDOW for Fiscal Year 2023/2024:
- Applications available January 16, 2023.
- Applications due Monday, February 13, 2023, by 4 PM.
- Applications reviewed for funding consideration during March and April. (Two committee members are rotated each year on the application review committee).
- City Council approves allocations before the end of June 2023.
- Funding grant cycle is from July 1, 2023, through June 30, 2024.
How to Apply
There are three parts to the application process.
- Download and read the Grant Background and Instructions Document. (Link)
- Complete the Grant Application (Link).
- Submit all required documents either by mail or deliver to Sanger City Hall by the due date.
- Questions: call (559) 876-6300, ext. 1500 or email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Mailing address for required documents:
City of Sanger Gang/Drug Prevention Intervention Grant Program, Sanger City Hall, 1700 7th Street, Sanger, CA 93657
For the 2022/2023 fiscal year, the following Measure S funding was awarded to:
- Boys & Girls Club - $35,000 annual award ($8,750 per quarter).
- SAM Academy - $15,000 annual award ($3,750 per quarter).
- Sanger Young Life - $50,000 annual award ($12,500 per quarter)